2020 has started with a bang and we are excited about our growth prospects for the rest of this year. We are still in the running for the Post Office account, and we are also seeing traction with several major insurance brokers as a result of our new Sales and Marketing Manager, James Standart, who joined us in January from Liberty Mutual. Also our #1 ranking from JO, now at 27 straight months, continues to resonate extremely well with customers and brokers alike.
All this growth means we need you more than ever! Your skillset and work ethic are how we get business done. We have one of the most dedicated and talented staff in the industry and part of that reason is that great people attract other great people. Every time we hire a colleague you’ve referred, we further broaden and deepen our team.
Here are some things we are doing in 2020 to advance our goal to be the Employer of Choice for inspection professionals:
- Replacing Ford Fusion line up – as the Fusions hit 150,000 miles, we are replacing them with the brand new, 7 th generation Subaru Legacy. The Legacy is best in class for reliability, has standard all-wheel drive, and has an upgraded interior for extra space and comfort.
- Referral bonuses for new employees – Most of you know we pay a $1,000 referral bonus for any colleague you recommend who is hired at BPC. We had three employees last year that earned this bonus.
- New account commissions – If you recruit an account that you previously serviced at one point in your career or are responsible for landing a new account, we will pay you 1% of the contract value upfront, plus 20% of the profit at the end of the first year of servicing.
- Counseling benefit through Humana – Sometimes you need to talk to someone. We are working with our broker to add an Employee Assistance benefit that will make licensed counselors available by phone to help employees with various work and life issues such as wellness, stress management, substance abuse counseling, and even legal and financial guidance. These services are both confidential and free to eligible employees.
- Expanded 401(k) Investment Choices – we are working with Paychex to expand the selection of investments in our 401(k) plan. This benefit will allow employees to purchase individual stocks and bonds, as well as a much wider variety of mutual funds. I will share more information on this soon.
As always, give me a call with any questions, comments or concerns. Your feedback makes BPC a better place to work. Stay safe, well and healthy as we head into a busy Spring.