JURISDICTIONAL INSPECTORS – Actively Hiring for Indiana/Ohio Territory
ABOUT BPC / XL INSURANCE: All of our inspectors are commissioned through the National Board of Boilers and Pressure Vessel Inspectors. With more than 30 years of experience on average, our inspectors hold multiple commissions for state jurisdictions to maximize efficiency and provide flexibility for our client’s scheduling needs. We have representatives currently participating on national board and state jurisdictional committees to help develop engineering standards and procedures.
As an authorized inspection agency through XL/Catlin Insurance America Inc., a Delaware insurer that is part of XL Group of companies, we are able to provide the required inspections in all jurisdictions throughout the United States. Established relationships extend our jurisdictional inspection reach to both Canada and Puerto Rico as well.
Perform in-service inspections of boilers and pressure vessels. Inspections are conducted to satisfy the regulatory compliance of the Jurisdictional Laws and Codes of the Authority having jurisdiction. Inspections will be made using all applicable ASME Codes, the Rules of the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors, The National Board Inspection Code, XL Insurance Practices and Procedures, and where required, the Mine Safety Health Act. The Inspector will also participate in providing sound loss control advice for eliminating or reducing other hazards. This position reports to the Regional Field Supervisor and Chief Inspector for XL insurance.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
At least 5 years of performing in-service inspections preferred. Lesser experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of boiler and pressure vessel construction and inspections
- Effective communicator both verbal and written and listening skills
- High level of organizational skills for effective time management and scheduling inspections
- Problem solving
- Basic computer knowledge with understanding of Microsoft office applications
- Ability to conduct risk assessment evaluations a plus
- Willing to travel
- High School diploma or equivalent minimum.
- Any additional education a plus, i.e., BS in Engineering, Associate’s Degree
Current National Board Commission or one eligible for reinstatement
SALARY / BENEFITS:
Refer to our Careers page.